On Thursday, November 12, 2020, SEEC, along with its SchoCo Promise Alliance partners, launched the second in a series of COVID-19 related Recovery Roundtable discussions. Entitled, Access to Capital, the Roundtable featured presentations from various financial experts.
If you were unable to attend the discussion, the links to speaker presentations are listed below. Please click HERE to view a recording of the session.
- Jim Becker, a SEEC founding member and chair of its Resiliency Fund, as well as president of MIDTEL and INOC Datacenters. Mr. Becker will talk about the emergency grant and zero interest loan program available to Schoharie County businesses through SEEC. SEECNY.org/funding-tools. Click HERE to view Jim’s presentation.
- Anne Morton, representing SALT Development, a 10-year-old local community organization offering not-for-profit and small business grants. Click HERE to view Anne’s presentation.
- Jamie Casterlin, business development officer at the National Bank of Coxsackie, NBCoxsackie.com. Also expected are panelists from the STEED Emergency Loan Fund and the New York Forward Loan Fund. Click HERE to view Jamie’s presentation.
- Kate Baker as Certified Business Advisor with the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at the University at Albany, she is responsible for executing the SBDC, UAlbany’s extensive, relevant and FREE business training programs. Newly launched covid-series is focused on financing and digital strategies. In her 12 years with the SBDC, Kate has been recognized as a top 5 Business Advisor statewide 4 times. Click HERE to view Kate’s presentation.
- Steve Smith, executive director of the Mohawk Valley Economic Development District, which has recently launched a CARES Act Revolving Loan Fund with terms that include principal payments only and low interest rates. MVEDD.org. Click HERE to view Steve’s presentation.
- Cynthia Shannon, representing Empire State Development (ESD) small business division, presented funding programs as well as the first in the nation, negotiated digital deals. ESD has partnered with leading e-commerce companies to help small business grown their online presence. Click HERE to view Cynthia’s presentation.
- Jeffrey Smith, co-owner of Municipal Solutions Inc., which has been providing independent financial and management advisory services to public and non-profit organizations for decades. MunicipalSolution.com. Click HERE to view Jeffrey’s presentation.